Connection Setup on a ZyXEL P-660HN-51 modem
Note: Before proceeding with this setup, ensure your ZyXEL P-660HN-51 modem is connected to the computer (preferably via an Ethernet cord). Also, ensure the modem is connected to a phone jack with a phone cord and to a power source via the included power adapter.
1. Open your Internet browser.
Note: Internet Explorer was used for the purposes of this instructional document but any web browser will work (Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, etc.)
2. In the address bar, type 192.168.1.1 and press Enter.
3. Fill the fields in with the corresponding information:
- Username – Type user into this box
- Password – Type d72xts8! into this box
Click the Login button.
4. You will see a welcome page for the modem. Click the Continue button.
5. Click the Quick Start hyperlink at the top right of the page.
Note: You may see a window at the bottom of the screen that says “A problem occurred“. This is completely normal at this stage of the setup and can be ignored.
6. Select (GMT -5:00) Eastern Time from the drop down menu. Click the Next button.
7. Fill the fields in with the corresponding information:
- User Name – Your full Nexicom username (This must include @nexicom.net)
- Password – Your Nexicom password
For the question regarding an IP address, select the No option
Click the Next button.
8. This page will display the wireless connection information for your ZyXEL modem. There is no need to change anything on this page.
Click the Save button.
9. You will now see a summary page letting you know you have finished walking through the Quick Start setup. If your username and password were entered correctly, you should see the Internet light on your modem come on. Click the Close button to begin using the Internet.